Village Waste Education Program
In recognition of the NetWaste Vision outlined in the 2013 to 2022 NetWaste Education Strategy has identified a new initiative as part of its Community Engagement Program:
The Village Waste Reduction Challenge has been introduced as a community engagement strategy on a trial basis, in an attempt to provide support and encouragement to small communities that have ideas on how they could improve waste management services or processes within their own communities.
A Grant of $6000 will be made available to the successful applicant.
Aim of the Village Waste Reduction Program
The program aims to increase awareness about the increasing problems related to waste management and to reduce the amount of waste that is being sent to landfill.
- Only clearly focused local waste reduction activities will be funded through this grant
- You will need to provide a letter of support from your local Shire Council
Identify a ‘group’ of local champions from within your community to drive activities related to this grant opportunity
- Partnerships are encouraged
- Is the Challenge likely to become self- sustaining in the future
- Agree to work with NetWaste to establish links with our NetWaste Media Program as a way of promoting your achievements.
- This is not intended to be a difficult or complex process as NetWaste already employs a Media/Communication person who will manage this component.
- Good Value for Money.
If you require more information or would like to discuss an idea that you may have contact Bill Tink, NetWaste’s Environmental Learning Advisor on 0400 336 508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org