Strategic Plan Summary
NetWaste’s aim is to establish a waste management model that ensures cost effective environmental best practice for participating NetWaste Councils, develops effective educational strategies that support this model, and undertakes ongoing projects as identified as part of the waste management planning process. The NetWaste Regional Waste and Sustainable Materials Strategy 2023 – 2027 can be viewed in full HERE
Strategic Waste Plan 2017-2021
NetWaste’s vision is to set the benchmark for regional waste management through meeting a range of strategic objectives.
Our objectives include:
- reducing the amount of waste being generated
- increasing resource recovery
- reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- delivering environmentally responsible waste management systems
- improving awareness of waste minimisation and resource recovery principles & influencing behavioural change
- improving recycling and composting
- reducing litter and illegal dumping
- managing problem wastes
- facilitating information exchange and skills development
- optimise procurement of grant funding
What Waste Where – NetWaste Education Strategy 2013-2022
NetWaste’s What Waste Where Education Strategy leads the way forward for Councils and communities in better waste management.
Education is a strategic and effective tool for behaviour change and it has been used effectively by NetWaste since its inception.
The document provides a road map for the future use of education as a key tool for NetWaste and its Councils. This Education Strategy maximises the use of education and strategically demands more of it to ensure NetWaste’s fulfills its broad strategic objectives. Learn more about Education.